You’re Invited: Farmers, Food, & Fitness Party
September 11, 2013
On September 28th, we are hosting an event we’re calling “Farmers, Food and Fitness”. It will be an interactive event with stations hosted by farmers, fitness professionals and some of our closest friends. Each station will be answering questions that tie into each vendor’s niche. For example, Greg Gunthorp from Gunthorp Farms will be talking about why he chose to raise his animals on pasture. Jordan Warners from Candid Wines will be discussing the importance of bio-dynamic and organic wines and why they are producing some of the best wines out there. In addition to these questions each station will have a different healthy dish by CJK that ties into the table host.
We have an awesome lineup of people, including:
- Local Foods Chicago- Local Foods is Chicago’s first wholesale distributor and retailer of strictly local foods from the Midwest’s finest farmers. They provide restaurants and retailers greater access and availability to the Midwest’s wide range of production by working directly with farmers and rural food hubs to aggregate, market and distribute high-quality, 100% source-identified foods.
- Harvest Moon Farms – This is the local, organic farm that we source our dark leafy greens and heirloom tomatoes from on a weekly basis.
- Suzanne Ko – Fitness writer and fellow foodie, Suzanne will be talking about yoga and answering all your stretching questions.
- Lisa Payne Fitness – Lisa is a writer, blogger, and one of Chicago’s best trainers. She is a huge advocate for clean eating.
- Greg Gunthorp – Greg is the owner of Gunthorp Farms. His poultry and pork are featured on top menus across the city. Greg has been raising animals the proper way for many years.
- Candid Wines – Owner Jordan Warners works with and distributes the majority of it’s wine from bio-dynamic and organic vineyards.
- …and a few others!
There will be a few contests, raffles, and freebies at the event as well… Plus tons of food! Come celebrate the harvest season with a delicious and healthy event on September 28th! Bring any guests that you would like. The more, the merrier.
To make life easier, we’ve thrown together some promotional copy to help spread the word on your various outlets!
Twitter: Ask questions, drink wine, eat food & learn why farms, food & fitness are important to health via @CJKFoods Details: http://bit.ly/17QkWxx
Facebook/email : (post flyer image attached here) CJK Foods is hosting a free event with some of their favorite farmers, foods, and fitness professionals. You’ll be able to ask questions, drink wine, eat food & learn why farms, food & fitness are important to your health. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org Details: http://bit.ly/17QkWxx